Thursday 24 September 2015

Time to go

Now the end is near and it's time to reflect on the adventures of the last 12 days, first question to ask is do I like Britannia and would I come on her again? The truth is I don't know some aspects such as the single balcony cabins are great but some aspects such as layout and accessibility and sheer numbers work against her in my opinion. If a cruise came up at the right price and right destinations then I think I would be back again. One of the highlights of the trip for me was last evening sat on my balcony catching the last rays of the day when the ship was joined by a pod of 40~50 dolphins jumping and leaping in the surf put up by the ship, they put on a personal show for a full ten minutes, unforgettable and magical, the only way to see a dolphin show. There have been some real characters amongst the passengers and crew, all shapes and sizes and ages, cruising is a great equaliser, you can always meet someone interesting, like my two Brizzle Ladies, the Ladies from Devon who chatted about Tragoe Mills at Newton Abbot the reverse is also true like the professional Yorkshireman I met and excused myself from very quickly, when my whippet was on fire and needed feeding with Tripe. In short cruising is a bit like musical chairs sometimes you are lucky other time no chair so move on. As with all cruises the staff are the unsung heroes who help you to have such a good time, with very little reward and in some cases thanks, to you all thank you. In the next few days I will put up some photos when I have a fast internet connection and change the type colour which has been caused by technical problems. I hope you have enjoyed this dross I have been churning out, see you again in January for the next adventure.
Back home early morning Southampton
One last Sunset

2 comments: