Sunday 29 September 2013

And another thing

I know I promised there would probably not be any more entries but on the last night of the cruise something happened that really annoyed me. Our hard working waiting staff who have looked after us superbly, with humour, patience and skill not to mention long working hours for a small return rely on diners to show their appreciation for all their efforts by marking that thanks with a tip of some description be it large or small whatever a person can manage, most of that money is dispatched back home to the family who that have not seen for up to 9 months (The average length of a contact). Lukas & Rackman had looked after us manfully becoming use to every ones little foibles, getting an extra bowl of ice cream for someone, making sure someone got a double starter, producing something that was not on the menu, the list of their kindness to passengers goes on and on. Roma our beautiful wine waitress who made sure your glass was never empty always had a smile and gave good advice on value for money, and was so excited because her contracted was over when she reached Southampton and was going home to Manila for 3 months to see her children.
Imagine my disgust when 4 people avoided eating in the restaurant that they had attended for the past 22 nights just to avoid having to give someone a tip, in my book is lower than low. Personally I would have found which cabin they were in and made sure their baggage had an accident while being unloaded, but that is not in the nature of these people they just shrugged and said "It happens" and got on with the job. Well it left me with a very sour taste and made me angry that those with so much in comparison go to such lengths to avoid just saying thank you for all that you have done for me. These people will probably never read this blog but I hold you in contempt for your meanness of spirit and deed.

No comments:

Post a Comment