Wednesday 27 August 2014

Bye Bye Bergen

Just left our last port of call which was Bergen, Norway's second largest city well laid out easy to get around but after the other sites comes at the bottom of my list of favourites. We now have two sea days before we get back to Southampton and on the upper and back decks the panic tanning had begun, crew working in these areas all have fleece jackets on and look frozen, while all the crinklies who are already the colour of ebony try to add more colour. To break the day up I just attended a lecture about the sin&king of the Bismark (I am glad this was on the return leg) afterwards the lecturer was surrounded by the usual posse of public bar experts putting him right. An aircraft just passed over the ship and they have not sounded the action stations klaxon. The hardy swimmers are in the pool & jacuzzis even though we have a force 6 following wind, as one lady got out I thought that was an interesting tattoo then realised it was varicose veins. It has been an enjoyable cruise, slightly lacking in personalities, or perhaps it is me that is out of step and we still have disembarkation and customs to go yet,there is still time,I live in hope catch you all in January as I sail the broad Atlantic bound for the Caribbean.

Bergen Water Front

Just Sunbathing
 Old & New

A finally, it's a good job I am not into omens, the view from my cabin window.


No comments:

Post a Comment