Sunday 17 August 2014

First Musings or Brits afloat

So it begins as we journey ever Northward towards the top of Norway with its name that are virtually unpronounceable and steeped in ancient myths and legends, the  bridge announcement breaks my train of thought by announcing our position in longitude and latitude with the little nugget thrown in that our nearest point of land is ....Great Yarmouth pop the bubble why don't you. As I look around my fellow travellers who extoll that one of the reasons for cruising is to get away from it all, then they proceed to queue at reception or the library to get a copy of the onboard newspaper which is printed every morning with UK, World news, sports results and most importantly the weather. This is all backed up with three news channels on cabin TV's also showing three premiere league matches, nothing like getting away from it! I have met my fellow diners I am on a table of six, the make up is four ladies and two blokes, I am the youngest, one lady has that low lad Scottish lilt of Miss Jean Brodie, the guy has seen it,done it got the T shirt, two professional Northeners and Gaynor who would not say boo to a. Goose. Fun times ahead, I think this could be work In progress but I enjoy a challenge, and that is not allowing for their opinion of me!!  I think I need to prick someone's balloon of pomposity, get someone out of their shell, merry if not pissed, the others I need to think about, suggestions dear reader?
 Early Morning

 North Sea Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment