Wednesday 13 August 2014

Off we go again or the Vikings are coming.

Hang on to your Trolls, Smurfs and other Scandinavian paraphernalia as I head out for another adventure to the land of the midnight sun, Norway and the Artic Circle. I opted to go in August as it tends to have very little Snow fall and ice, as my sister will confirm us Charlwood's don't do cold and we are stiff in the ass not very flexible and have a problem controlling our feet and balance in summer, we can fall over a matchstick at the drop of a hat. So the chances of not breaking multiple limbs in the depths of winter, is virtually zero. My sister went as far as enrolling in Pilates classes to help with balance, poise and core strength, then proceeded to have a tumble and broke/disclocated various limbs. I suggested that she asked for a refund and invest in bubble wrap.
Once again I am sailing on the wonderful Oriana and I hope to bring you the highlights and lowlights of my trip, and introduce you to my fellow passengers and all their foibles, mine also, as we wend our way up and down the fjord's of Norway making our way ever Northward. I am not sure of my history and if I am wrong I appologies but I am reminded of my Mum's favourite joke, when asked by the village chieftan why the guards did not raise the alarm when the Vikings came over the hill and approached the village they replied "When we saw then and their horns we didn't know wether to kill em or milk them". 
We come from simple country stock and were easily amused.
I can assure you it will go downhill from here.


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing and reading about your Viking adventures!

    ReplyDelete