Saturday 23 September 2017

Ladies who Shop

While writing some earlier blog material and grabbing a coffee before going ashore I was privy to a conversation they were having planning their day, the Ladies were Glaswegian and from an area that some years ago was referred to as the Gorbals. My wife Barbs used to tell people although the family now are Cornish, her mother was born and drought up in the Gerbils. So eventually I tuned into the accent hen, today was going to be the highlight of the whole journey with a trip to the market. A lady in a wheelchair was going to be parked at a strategic point to act as keeper of the purchases allowing the rest of the crew to carry on shopping unencumbered. The consulted copious lists of what they had to get for Winnie, Marie and another that sounded like Tullah to my untutored ear. They were having as much fun planning this as someone who was going to visit an ancient ruin. But probably more gusto, laughter and glee. I left them laughing and cackling like the witches in Macbeth. It lifted my heart as I set off on my expedition to find some free wifi and a postcard, life in the fast lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment