Tuesday 26 September 2017

So to England

So with Lisbon astern and slowly disappearing we begin the run for home. Although I have not spotted one itinerant syrup (wig) flapping in the breeze with a mind and parting of its own or recalcitrant dentures trying to make a bid for freedom after a coughing fit or the Holy Grail an abandoned artificial limb, it has been a fun cruise and I have met some interesting people with a similar sense of humour. I must mention especially first time cruisers mum and son Jean and Simon from Poole who I seem to run into for a final Latte in Costa and compare notes on the days experiences and talk about old British black and white films, they have been great company. The many smiling staff who make up the crew both seen and unseen and who help to make your cruise such a great experience, they are always smiling, happy and working, thanks for looking after us. I hope everyone digs deep and are generous to a fault when it comes to showing their thanks with the tips you leave behind, they deserve every penny and then some. So now the mind starts turning to home, what has the cat been up to, are there any of those horrible buff envelopes waiting for you. What has my flat/cat sitter had a run in with this time? Previously it has been a fridge-freezer, a washing machine, hope I am not tempting fate but there is only the cooker and dishwasher to go. My next cruise is not until September 2018 when with my Social Secretary,Janet, I head off to the States and Canada again, unless of course something I can't resist pops up in the meantime. My next big date is a week Friday for a cataract operation, so on that note I hope you have enjoyed my efforts and I will keep my eye out for you. Safe journeys wherever you may travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment