Tuesday 19 September 2017

Nora Batty's Legs

The roar of the greasepaint, the smell of the crowd.
For the first time on several cruises I went to the theatre on my first night on board, the reason for usually giving it a miss, it's been a long day and you are knackered, inevitably it is P&O's own theatre company "The Headliners" who have 5 or 6 stock standard shows that they preform with various degrees of success. This evening though they were the support act to Peter Howarth who has been the lead singer of the sixties/seventies band the Hollies, who I quite happen to like, and he did not let me down.The star of the show was one of the Headliners female dancers left leg. Now don't get me wrong I was not a letcherous old man, but this young lady had obviously sustained an injury while performing, with a strain or a pull of some nature. To get her through performances she wore a flesh coloured leg support stocking that had lost some of it's elasticity, so much so 15 seconds into the dance routine it started to develop wrinkles and bumps of most noticeable proportions, by the end of their opening two numbers it had taken on a life of its own, achieving Nora Batty status, was I the only one to notice? We're people to polite to mention? After the main acts finale, out came the group again to give us a high leg kicking finale, and I was not to be disappointed the itinerant flesh coloured leg support was back on stage  giving it some real welly and creating lumps and bumps the size of varicose veins. The star of the show. 


No comments:

Post a Comment